Thank you for your interest in submitting your manuscript to McHenry Press!
We look forward to reviewing it. Please read the instructions below before submitting your work at the bottom of the page.
What We’re Looking For…
Politically conservative manuscripts of between 25,000 and 55,000 words.
We don’t accept erotica or anti-religion.
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure the review process goes smoothly.
- Your manuscript should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document (not Google Docs, Apple Pages, or in an email)
- Include your suggested title, byline (author name), word count and contact information (phone and email address) on the title page.
- Times New Roman font
- Top, bottom, and side margins set to one inch
- No page numbers, headers, footers, or anchor links
- Please take advantage of the spell check and grammar check features of your word processing program before sending us your manuscript.
- Save your submission as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf No submissions pasted into an email, please.
We understand the many hours and intense effort you have invested in your manuscript—because we’ve been there! Anyone who has carried their manuscript across the finish line deserves a standing ovation. Really! So please know that our goal is not to criticize your work—we’re constantly looking for ways to assist you in writing a manuscript that fulfills your definition of success.
OUR REVIEW PROCESS
After submitting your manuscript, one of our Acquisitions Editors will contact you to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. During your time together, you’ll discuss your manuscript (brainstorm, answer questions, explore possibilities). We’ll want to know your intended audience and your definition of success. And, if your manuscript is a good fit, we’ll discuss publishing options.
ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION INFORMATION
- All work must be original and all rights, including images, must belong to the author.
- Releases of previously published books are accepted as long as the author holds full rights to the manuscript and is able to submit the document in MS Word (not a pdf).
- Multiple manuscript transmissions are accepted.
- Any images or diagrams must be 300 dots per inch (dpi) or higher at its intended size in the book. Works that contain color images must be under 10,000 words. Black and white images are fine, regardless of word count.
- While we offer promotional options for your manuscript, the primary responsibility of book promotion belongs with the author. This holds true in all forms of publishing, including traditional publishing.
- We offer monthly online training to equip our authors to sell more books.